A Realistic Bucket List Before The World Ends on Friday
If the Mayan Calendar is correct, we've only got until Friday folks. I don't know about you, but there is absolutely no way I'll be able to get my bucket list done by then. So I've come up with a shortened list that I may actually be able to accomplish by Friday morning.
1. Floss my teeth every night until the end of the world. This has been something I've really struggled with.
2. Call up an old friend. Actually call, Facebook doesn't count.
3. Forgive an old grudge. If you don't have one, you can borrow one of mine. I have plenty.
4. Buy an expensive bouquet of flowers for your wife. Without expecting "points." Just out of love.
5. Eat ice cream every night. Some of us do that anyway.
6. Go out and order the most expensive thing on the menu. Don't worry, if you don't have the money for a $60 lobster, you can go to Dairy Queen and get the 6 piece chicken strip basket ;)
7. Start to learn a new language. Obviously you won't be able to master a language or even fluently speak one, but at least you'll get a start.
8. Schedule to go sky diving. Everyone wants to go skydiving, it's a pretty popular item on a lot of people's bucket list. Odds are you won't get a session in by friday, but you can schedule one. OH THE THRILL!
9. Get a free brochure to go back to school. On many people's bucket list, earn a college degree may be on there. Well in this case, there's no way you're going to get that done by Friday. But you can read a brochure and maybe even talk to an adviser... via e-mail.
10. Own your own business - lemonade stand style. Let's face it, that's about the best you can do in a few days. Maybe you can sell baked goods.
11. Build your own dream home with legos. Or Lincoln logs if you're doing the log cabin thing. Permits to break ground take way longer than a week anyway, so this is the best you've got.
12. Read the Bible cover to cover, but settle with the first cover. A lot of people would like to read the entire Bible before the end of the earth. That's a lot of reading. Maybe just read a little before bed each night. Get started on the right path, you know.
13. Become a millionaire - playing the game of life. It's pretty easy really, just about everyone ends up with a million by the time they get to the end of the game with their life tiles, right?
There's more you can do, but for now this will at least get some ideas going. Good luck! The best part is when the world won't end on Friday, we can work on our old bucket list again!