My Bucket List: 25 Things Ken Hayes Hopes to Accomplish
I’ve never really had a bucket list. I want to keep this lighthearted and fun, so I’m not going to get too deep about this. Let’s just simply put this as “things I want to do before I die.” Let’s all hope I get the chance. See what’s on my list – maybe it’s on yours too!
1. Learn To Fly. (it’s an expensive hobby!)
2. Sail A Boat Across the Great Lakes
3. Take A Motorcycle Trip To Alaska
4. Take One Of Those Long Family Road Trips To Some Stupid Place (you know the kind. I just want a chance to say the line “Don’t make me turn this car around!)
5. Go To Europe
6. Motorcycle Trip To The East Coast
7. Dress Up Like A Cowboy And Ride A Horse (not for long)
8. Drive a car on a racetrack and wreck the tires.
9. Own A Bar For A Day
10. Storm Chase and See A Tornado
11. Shoot a 14 Point Buck or bigger
12. Actually catch a 30 inch walleye
13. Deep Sea Fish
14. Say, “Take This Job And Shove It!” (not this job, but you know one of those crappy ones where you have a jerk boss.)
15. Teach our kids to play baseball, and have my own little baseball game.
16. Look into a volcano
17. Finish my attic project (seriously, I don’t know if I will ever have time to finish.)
18. Buy the most expensive truck on the lot
19. Fly a helicopter
20. Buy an expensive suit and hang with the yucky yucks
21. Build a tree house
22. Celebrate a 50th wedding anniversary with my wife.
23. Be there for my first grandchild
24. Say one time in a bar “Drinks are on me!” … and actually have more than 2 people in the bar at the time.
25. Get the courage to try stand up comedy.
I could probably come up with a bunch more, but right now this is what is at the top of my mind. Let’s hope I have the time to get them done. According to my wife, #17 is first on the list.