Last Grandma’s Marathon Wednesday Night At The Races Is At Park Point This Week
It's hard to believe that we are at the end of the season for Wednesday Night At The Races. This week the races will be held at Park Point followed by the year-end picnic. The Young Athletes Foundation and Grandma's Marathon invite children 14 and under to lace up their shoes for the final races this year. This is a FREE event, so why not? The final race of the season will be held at Park Point near the beach house. Wednesday Night at the Races registration is between 5:00 p.m. and 5:50 p.m., and the races begin at 6 p.m. On average, 400 children take part in the races every week and there's weekly prize drawings too!
- August 26 - Park Point, near the Beach House (followed by year-end picnic provided by Green Mill)
- 4 & under – 1/8 mile
- 5 & 6 years old – 1/8 mile
- 7 & 8 years old – 1/4 mile
- 9 & 10 years old – 1/4 mile
- 11 & 12 years old – 1/2 mile
- 13 & 14 years old – 1/2 mile
Everyone’s a champion at this event! Each week every child will receive a ribbon upon completing their race.