Hundreds Of Volunteers Needed To Ring Bell In Local Salvation Army Red Kettle Program
I started ringing bell (or shaking maracas) years ago. When my daughter Kylee was old enough she rang with me. It's a great opportunity for family time while teaching your kids the spirit of donating and sharing your time and energy. As she grew older we morphed to wrapping gifts at the Salvation Army Gift Wrap booth at the mall. I know we aren't even to Halloween yet, but before you get to busy get volunteering on your holiday calendar. Here's everything you need to know.
Whether you have a specific talent to offer or simply an hour of your time, The Salvation Army is looking for kind-hearted volunteers like you. Ringing a kettle bell is the easiest way to help raise much needed funds for holiday season.
Bell Ringing and Other Holiday Opportunities
- Ring a bell at a red kettle through Dec. 24 (sign up online)
- Adopt a kettle location for your business and fill all bell ringing shifts
- Wrap Christmas gifts (ages 14 & up)
- Register families for holiday food assistance and toy shop appointments (ages 18 & up)
- Volunteer at holiday food and toy distributions
- Knit or crochet hats, mittens and scarves for people in need (or donate full or partial skeins of yarn)
- Help with Christmas Distribution December 16-18