Cute Cream Cheese Party Penguins to Serve your Football FANatics this Saturday
Besides the game, these cute little cream cheese penguins from allrecipes.com will be the conversation piece at your football or tailgating party tomorrow night. I’m going to try to make them so I read the reviews and can offer some tips:
- Use flavored cream cheese instead of plain.
- Make sure the olives you are working with are dry.
- Don’t just slit the olive, gut it, so there is space for the cream cheese.
18 jumbo (I mean JUMBO) black olives, pitted
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened, flavored would be best
18 small black olives
- Cut a slit from top to bottom, lengthwise, into the side of each jumbo olive. Carefully insert about 1 teaspoon of cream cheese into each olive. Slice the carrot into eighteen 1/4 inch thick rounds; cut a small notch out of each carrot slice to form feet. Save the cut out piece and press into center of small olive to form the beak. If necessary cut a small slit into each olive before inserting the beak.
- Set a big olive, large hole side down, onto a carrot slice. Then, set a small olive onto the large olive, adjusting so that the beak, cream cheese chest and notch in the carrot slice line up. Secure with a toothpick.
Share this recipe and you’ll have everyone talking!