Taste of Home’s Slow Cooker Lasagna Recipe
You trudge home from work through the drizzle, chilled to the bone. You open the door to your home, the dog is SO excited to see you, the warmth of the house hits your cold cheeks and the waft of a delicious lasagna dinner tantalizes your nose. YES!!! You just remembered you put the Taste of Home‘s Slow Cooker Lasagna Recipe in the crock pot earlier and dinner is already done for the family. Toss a salad, heat up some garlic bread and pour a glass of wine. You’re one smart cookie! Thinking ahead to have dinner done and one important thing crossed off your list before you even left for work this morning. Tomorrow morning, be THAT cook, here’s the recipe!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 package (8 ounces) no-cook lasagna noodles
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, water, tomato paste, salt and oregano.
- Spread a fourth of the meat sauce in an ungreased 5-qt. slow cooker. Arrange a third of the noodles over sauce (break the noodles if necessary). Combine the cheeses; spoon a third of the mixture over noodles. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining meat sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until noodles are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
The Taste of Home Cooking Show is THIS Saturday, October 22, at Black Bear’s Otter Creek Event Center with doors opening at 11a to view the many vendors and the Cooking Show starting at 1p. If you enjoy the Taste of Home recipes I share with you on our website, you won’t want to miss this show, we always have such a fun time AND, you have the chance to win HUGE prizes, like appliances from our area Wal-Mart Super Centers, just by attending. Grab your friends and join Ken and I, as we host the Taste of Home Cooking Show! [GET MORE INFO AND YOUR TICKETS HERE]