Rain, Sleet, Snow? This Roasted Pepper Potato Soup Will Keep Your Family Warm, Cozy and Content!
The Northland is expecting a rain/snow mix. To the South in Minneapolis, 4-6 inches of snow. You didn't have time to dig the crock pot out from behind the bread maker on those make-shift shelves in the dark room of your basement, but you want to serve something warm and tasty for dinner. Here's the answer, Taste of Home's Roasted Pepper Potato Soup.
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, undrained and chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup PHILADELPHIA® 1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese Spread, cubed
- In a large saucepan, saute onions in oil until tender. Stir in the roasted peppers, chilies, cumin, salt and coriander. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in potatoes and broth; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in cilantro and lemon juice. Cool slightly. In a blender, process the cream cheese and half of the soup until smooth. Return all to pan and heat through. Yield: 6 servings.