Minnesota Vikings Unveil New Norseman Logo
The Minnesota Vikings today unveiled a new “enhanced” version of its famous Norseman logo. The Vikings say the new logo “strongly upholds the tradition and history of the Norseman, which has been the team’s primary mark since the Vikings inception in 1961. The adjustments simply give it a sharper, more defined look.”
Here is a list of changes made to the logo:
1) Horn Shape -The shape of the horns has been adjusted and the shading in the horns has changed.
2) Horn Base – The base of the horn now resembles the horn on the players’ helmets.
3) Face Detail – Thicker lines have been added to the mustache and face, resulting in more defined features.
4) Vikings Gold – The Vikings Gold is now brighter and less brassy.
5) The Braid – The braid has been shortened, resulting in a reduced logo height.
Don’t expect to see this new logo everywhere right away, the Vikings say “This evolution will not happen overnight; fans can expect to see both versions of the logo during the transition into a new stadium, but the enhanced mark will be visible immediately throughout vikings.com and Vikings electronic communications. Merchandise with the enhanced Norseman could be available as early as March.”
So what do you think, do you like the changes?