Major Leauge Baseball Names Joe Mauer 2014 All-Star Ambassador
It's a big summer at Target Field this year with the All-Star Game activities and today the Minnesota Twins made a big announcement regarding Joe Mauer. Also getting in on the action are Bert Blyleven, Rod Carew, Paul Molitor and Tony Oliva.
Minnesota Twins First Baseman Joe Mauer has been named Major League Baseball’s 2014 All-Star Ambassador. Mauer joins a distinguished list of MLB stars who have served in this role including Torii Hunter Derek Jeter, Albert Pujols, Justin Upton and David Wright. In addition, Twins legends Bert Blyleven, Rod Carew, Paul Molitor and Tony Oliva have each been named spokespeople of T-Mobile® All-Star FanFest, the world’s largest interactive baseball fan event, to be held at the Minneapolis Convention Center Friday, July 11th through Tuesday, July 15th.
“It’s exciting that this year’s All-Star events will be held in the Twin Cities and I’m proud to be a part of it all,” said Mauer. “Our fans are incredible and they are going to be treated to a week of baseball events and activities that they will never forget.”
In their roles, Mauer, Blyleven, Carew, Molitor and Oliva will help generate awareness for all events during All-Star Week, including the 85th MLB All-Star Game (July 15th), Gatorade All-Star Workout Day (July 14th) featuring the Home Run Derby, Taco Bell All-Star Sunday (July 13th), including the SiriusXM All-Star Futures Game and the Taco Bell All-Star Legends & Celebrity Softball Game, and T-Mobile All‑Star FanFest at the Minneapolis Convention Center (July 11th-15th).
T-Mobile All-Star FanFest will be the world’s largest interactive baseball theme park with over 400,000 square feet of baseball-related attractions for fans of all ages. Visitors can practice their baseball skills during clinics hosted by MLB legends and current players; swing like their favorite Major Leaguers in the batting cages; view a collection of MLB trophies and take a photo with the Commissioner’s Trophy, presented to the World Series Champion; explore exhibits from the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum; take photos with and get autographs from former Twins players, MLB Legends and Hall of Famers and more. T-Mobile returns as title sponsor of All-Star FanFest for a second straight year after a very successful event in 2013 in New York that saw the second-largest attendance in the history of the event.
Sample attractions include:
- The T-Mobile Diamond – Play on the FanFest Diamond and participate in baseball clinics hosted by coaches, managers, MLB legends and current stars. Also, check out the daily MLB Mascot Home Run Derby.
- Steal a Base, Steal a Taco presented by Taco Bell – Compete against your favorite MLB base runners and try to steal second base.
- National Baseball Hall of Fame & Museum – The history of America’s National Pastime unfolds through an unforgettable collection of Hall of Fame artifacts and photographs from Cooperstown.
- Performance Center presented by Under Armour – Test your skills like the pros on this mini Under Armour baseball diamond complete with workout stations including base running, fielding agility and vertical leap challenges.
- Family Field presented by Kellogg’s – Photo opportunities, baseball training drills and enjoy some cereal in the snack zone.
In addition, attendees who are T-Mobile customers can get a T-Mobile JUMP! Lane Pass, which gives them quicker access to the event’s most popular attractions.
All T-Mobile All-Star FanFest attractions are included with the price of admission, and the only additional costs are for concessions and memorabilia. Tickets are $35 for adults and $30 for children ages 12 and under (children two and under are admitted free), senior citizens and military personnel. FanFest tickets are sold on a timed-entry basis, so fans are encouraged to purchase tickets early to get preferred entry times.
Single game tickets to Taco Bell All-Star Sunday range from $30 to $175 and include one single admission ticket to T-Mobile All-Star FanFest. Taco Bell All-Star Sunday includes the SiriusXM All-Star Futures Game and the Taco Bell All-Star Legends & Celebrity Softball Game.