It’s Memorial Day; Here Are Ways To Observe the Holiday
Hopefully this Memorial Day Weekend you’ve had extra time to relax, have a little fun, and spend time with people you love the most. I think it’s also important to remember that we have Memorial Day to honor those who have given the ultimate sacrifice defending our country. There are several things you could do today to observe the holiday.
From an official Memorial Day website, you could honor Memorial Day:
- by visiting cemeteries and placing flags or flowers on the graves of our fallen heroes.
- by visiting memorials.
- by flying the U.S. Flag at half-staff until noon.
- by flying the ‘POW/MIA Flag’ as well (Section 1082 of the 1998 Defense Authorization Act).
- by participating in a “National Moment of Remembrance“: at 3 p.m. to pause and think upon the true meaning of the day, and for Taps to be played.
- by renewing a pledge to aid the widows, widowers, and orphans of our falled dead, and to aid the disabled veterans.
I will also have some special songs during our ‘Solid Gold Cafe’ today beginning at noon.