Easy Summer Sweetness in a Crock Pot with Taste of Home’s Root Beer BBQ Ribs Recipe
After a long day at work isn't it nice to come home to the smell of dinner cooking? All you have to do is whip up a salad, cut the bread and set the table with this easy Root Beer BBQ Rib recipe from Taste of Home. I know, I was surprised to hear I could cook with root beer too, but it doesn't taste like root, or beer. Instead, it gives the ribs a savory sweetness you and your family will love!
- •1 cup root beer
- •1 cup ketchup
- •1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4-1/2 pounds pork baby back ribs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, combine the first 10 ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until sauce is reduced to 2 cups. Set aside.
- Cut ribs into five serving-size pieces; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Pour sauce over ribs. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with sauce. Yield: 5 servings.