Does Your Organization Want to Improve Duluth Parks? Grant Application Deadline is October 1
If you are part of a group or organization that would love to improve Duluth city parks or recreation areas, there is up to $5,000 in grant money available. The deadline to apply is October 1.
According to the City of Duluth, grant awards ranging from $500 to $5,000 are available through the Duluth Community Parks and Recreation Program fund. They are looking for community groups and organizations to submit projects that will enhance and improve city parks and recreation.
Proposed Projects must:
- Take place entirely or primarily on existing recognized units of Duluth’s parks, recreation, and trails system
- Support the mission of Duluth’s Parks and Recreation Division to fulfill the essential recreational, educational, cultural, and environmental needs that create a dynamic community
- Encourage both financial and volunteer efforts.
Priority is given to projects that support one or more of the following key elements of the Parks and Recreation Master Plan:
- Improve the quality of existing parks (especially neighborhood parks)
- Focus on connecting the community through trails and bikeways
- Have fewer, but higher quality recreation buildings
- Enhance stewardship of natural resources
- Expand partnerships with schools for community recreation and gathering
- Increase use and recognition of volunteers and volunteer groups.
If you’d like to apply for a grant, you can click the link below to begin the process.