Today is no ordinary Tuesday, it's ELECTION DAY TUESDAY.  It's your right to voice your opinion on who you want representing YOU, so make time to go to your designated poll and vote.  Don't know where that is?  Or, do you have questions about how the city is divided?  Maybe you think you can do better than anyone that is running and you'd like to see the qualifications so you can run in the future.  The City of Duluth has a website set up to answer all your questions.

Here's some general details:

General Election - Tuesday, November 8, 2011 (Polls open 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.)

If you have just turned 18,  moved, or need to register for any other reason, you can do so tomorrow at the polling site by presenting one of the following:

•A valid Minnesota driver's license, learner's permit or Minnesota I.D. card (or receipt for any of these) that contains the voter's current address.

•A tribal I.D. card that contains the name, current address (must be in the precinct where registering), signature and picture of the tribal member.

•A "Notice of Late Registration" postcard.

•A prior valid registration at another address in the same precinct.

•A registered voter of that precinct who will sign an oath vouching that the person registering is a resident of that precinct. Registered voters may vouch for up to 15 people (this limit does not apply to employees of residential facilities).

•For residential facility residents, an employee at the facility (even if that employee is not registered to vote in that precinct) can vouch that the person lives in the district IF the facility provided the county with a list of employees 20 days before the election.

•A bill for electric, gas, water, solid waste, sewer, telephone or cable television service with a due date within 30 days of election day that contains the voter's name and current address AND one of the following that contains the voter's name and photograph:

◦Minnesota driver's license or Minnesota I.D. card.

◦Tribal I.D. card.

◦U.S. passport.

◦U.S. military I.D. card.

◦Identification card of a post-secondary educational institution in Minnesota.

•College students may use one of the following documents:

◦A student photo I.D., if the educational institution has certified a list of students to the county auditor.

◦A current student fee statement that contains the student's valid address in the precinct with a photo I.D. car

Still have questions?  Get more information about Voting in the City of Duluth [here].