Celebrate St. Patricks’s Day with a Scrumptious Blarney Breakfast Bake from Taste of Home
Green beer can lead to being a bit green the morning after. I'm pretty proud of myself, I'm thinking a head. St. Patty's Day is on a Sunday this year, so you'll probably be celebrating on Saturday. But, the family will still be looking for breakfast on Sunday morning. Don't mess with individual breakfast fare like pancakes or french toast. Try this one dish bake from Taste of Home that will make it easier for you and satisfy those hungry tummys.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 10 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups cubed day-old bread
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper.
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer half of the bread cubes, tomatoes, cheeses and sausage mixture. Repeat layers. Pour egg mixture over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.