Celebrate Halloween with Taste of Home’s Candy Corn Cheese Spread Recipe
Before you wrinkle your nose, I want you to know I’m not a big fan of candy corn either, but, this Taste of Home seasonal recipe’s flavor will surprise you! It has a Tex-Mex flavor and there’s NO candy corn in it! It’s just gives you a plate presentation idea to make your snack festive…fooled ya!
- •3/4 cup finely crushed yellow tortilla chips
- •2 tablespoons butter, melted
- •1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- •4 tablespoons sour cream, divided
- •1 egg, lightly beaten
- •1 garlic clove, minced
- •3/4 teaspoon chili powder, divided
- •1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- •1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- •1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- •Assorted crackers
- •Press parchment paper onto the bottom of a 1-qt. round baking dish. In a bowl, combine crushed chips and butter; press into prepared dish. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 10 minutes.
- • Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, 2 tablespoons sour cream, egg, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon chili powder and cumin. Stir in chilies and cheese blend. Spoon evenly over warm crust.
- • Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until the top is lightly browned and a thermometer inserted near the center reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes; run a knife around edge and invert onto a serving platter. Carefully remove parchment paper.
- • Place remaining sour cream in a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Pipe a large candy corn shape; sprinkle with remaining chili powder. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2 cups.