Big Green Egg, World’s Best Smoker, Grill And Oven???
I have a friend who swears by the Big Green Egg. He said it's like the world's best grill that he can also use as an oven and often bakes bread in it. I couldn't even picture what he was talking about and was excited when I saw one at the Home Show this past week-end. It's unusual look and the rave of my friend prompted me to do a little research and found that it's deemed the Original American Designed Ceramic Cooker.
It's derived from an ancient clay cooker called a "kamado," the modern Big Green Egg has undergone many improvements since it was introduced in 1974. Especially significant is replacement of the clay used in early models with durable space-age ceramics developed specifically for Big Green Egg to make the EGG® virtually indestructible under ordinary cooking conditions.
The EGG is a unique barbecue product, with unmatched flexibility and capabilities that surpass all other conventional cookers combined. It is a smoker, a grill and an oven and you can cook literally any food on it year around, from appetizers to entrees to desserts.
Here are some of the benefits of the Big Green Egg:
* Fast lighting -- ready to cook in 10 minutes with no lighter fluid
* Ceramic walls retain heat with accurate temperature control and no hot spots
* Fuel efficient so there is no need to add more charcoal while cooking; unburned
charcoal can be reused
* Constant tending not required; with enclosed cooking there are no
* Withstands temperature extremes from below 0° to 1800°F
* Can be used year around, even in freezing temperatures and rain
* Surface stays cooler and is safer around children than metal grills
* Weatherproof ceramics won't rust
* Handsome, decorative and unique design
* Produces the juiciest, most succulent food you'll ever taste
This site will introduce you to our "EGGstraordinary" products and the benefits they provide for enthusiastic outdoor chefs, whether novice or master barbecuer. You can learn about our five size options to select the EGG that is ideal for you, review all of the EGGcessories that are available, and locate the dealers nearest to you so that you can have a firsthand look.
Of course, I'm intrigued by the ability to bake bread in it, my husband, the grill expert of the family, wants to try a juicy steak or grilling a whole turkey. My friend, Jim Mac says the Big Green Egg makes his meat perfect every time and doesn't go a week without fresh homemade bread. So, who has one of these, do you love it as much as Jim does?