Adorable Deviled Egg Chicks with a Hint of Ranch for Your Easter Buffet Table from Taste of Home
My hubby and I will be joining Ken Hayes and his family for Easter this year. When I asked what I could bring the suggestion was deviled eggs. That's easy enough, but I wanted a recipe I could WOW them with, so I turned to Taste of Home. These adorable chicks will make Ken shake his head, but when he tastes the hint of ranch dressing he'll forget their whimsical and just appreciate that I brought them! Put them on your Easter table too!
I want to bring a dozen, so I'm going to double the recipe.
- 6 hard-cooked eggs
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup prepared ranch salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Dash pepper
- 5 carrot chips
- 12 capers
- Fresh dill sprigs
- Cut a thin slice from the bottom of each egg so it sits flat. Cut the top third from each egg. Carefully remove yolks and place in a small bowl; mash with a fork. Add the cheese, salad dressing, mustard and pepper; stir until well blended. Spoon into the egg white bottoms; replace tops.
- Cut 12 feet and 12 small triangles for beaks from carrot chips.
- Gently press the capers into the filling for eyes; add beaks. Insert a dill sprig in top of eggs for tuft of feathers. Place feet in front of chicks. Chill until serving. Yield: 1/2 dozen.
Have a Happy Easter and ENJOY!