You’re Invited to Explore the Trails During the Tour Duluth XC Ski Event Saturday, March 8th
We can’t beat this winter so we should at least enjoy it! You can do it in a whole bunch of ways, skating, sledding, downhill skiing OR you could cross country ski with the Duluth XC Ski Club. Invite your family and friends to join you for the Tour Duluth. It’s great exercise and a fun way to create memories that will last a lifetime!
Skiers of all ages and skill levels can visit their favorite trails and explore new ones. You can choose to ski 5k or 75k, then head to Hartley Nature Center at 5:30pm for music, beer, food and socializing. Free rental skis for Tour participants too! (The dinner at Hartley is free for DXC members and $8 for guests, $5 for guests ages 5-12).
Suggested start times are listed below—feel free to join the Tour whenever you like! Skiers who live outside Duluth may want to start their day on their favorite “backyard” trail (Superior, Jay Cooke, Pine Valley, Boulder, Korkki).
Trails & Suggested Start Times
- •8:00am Magney-Snively (8k-14k classic & skate)
- •9:30am Spirit Mt. Nordic Center (1k-20k classic & skate) *Hot drinks & snacks served!
- •11:30am Piedmont (1k skate, 1k-4k classic)
- •12:30pm Snowflake Nordic Center (1k-12k classic & skate)
- •2:00pm Lester (3k-11k classic & skate, plus 3k skijoring loop)
- •4:00pm Bagley (1k-3k classic only) or Chester Bowl (3k advanced sk/cl)
- •4:45pm Hartley (1k-5k classic only)
- •5:30-7:00pm Dinner & program at Hartley Nature Center (Register now!)