Warm Up the Family With Taste of Home’s Aromatic Slow Cooker Caramel Apple Cider
Temps in the single digits and more snow on the way! Use it to your advantage! This would be a great weekend to make Taste of Home’s Slow Cooker Caramel Apple Cider. What could be easier? Throw it in the crock pot, the house smells awesome and when you come in from the cold you’ll have something to warm your insides
- 8 cups apple cider or juice
- 1 cup caramel flavoring syrup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice
- Whipped cream, hot caramel ice cream topping and cinnamon sticks (3 inches), optional
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the apple cider, caramel syrup and lemon juice. Split vanilla bean and scrape seeds; add seeds to cider mixture. Place the bean, cinnamon sticks and allspice on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag. Add to cider mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until heated through. Discard spice bag. Pour cider into mugs; garnish with whipped cream, caramel topping and additional cinnamon sticks if desired. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).