Updated List of Anticipated Work on Tower Avenue in Superior for this Week
Construction is continuing to progress nicely on Tower Avenue in Superior. Remember, businesses are open on Tower and suggest that you use the “back” door to enter their stores. You can also easily get to the Farmer’s Market with the Superior Business Improvement District on Wednesday at Center City Park located at the corner of Tower and Belknap, next to the Superior Library. As always, there’s fresh vegetables, plants, crafts, chocolates and lunch!
WORK COMPLETED SINCE LAST UPDATE:
- Concrete sidewalk has been placed in various locations between 12th Street and Belknap Street
- Topsoil restoration complete to 11th Street
- Concrete safety islands installed at Hammond Avenue and 3rd Street. Red concrete placed at 12th and 13th Street intersections
- Asphalt patching completed in various parking areas between 4th Street and Broadway Street
- Beginning of light pole installation between Winter Street and 12th Street
ANTICIPATED WORK SCHEDULE FOR WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 30, 2013:
- Concrete sidewalk work is scheduled to be completed between 13th and Belknap Street
- Tree grate boarders and light poles to be placed between Winter and Belknap Streets
- New curb, gutter, sidewalk, and asphalt is scheduled to be installed at 3rd Street
- Asphalt paving is scheduled to continue on all side streets as well as asphalt patching in parking lots. General restoration and cleaning will continue project wide.
- Scheduled to finish placing planting soil
- Begin pavement markings and permanent signs