This Weeks Anticipated Construction Work of Tower Avenue in Superior, WI
How exciting, they've laid concrete on Tower Avenue in Superior! Won't be long now!!! As always, thank you to Chris O. at the DOT for keeping us informed about what work has been completed and what we can expect for the week ahead.
Work Completed Since Last Update:
- Curb and gutter was placed along the medians between the Winter Street and 12th Street. Curb and gutter work on the sides of Tower Avenue has begun between 12th and Belknap Street.
- Concrete sidewalk has been placed in various locations between Winter Street and 11th Street and the concrete driving lane and bike lane have been placed between 12th Street and Belknap Street.
- Utility poles at Winter Street have been removed and power has been installed underground.
- The railroad has completed work on the northern crossing.
- Screen walls have been poured for the remaining locations between 13th and Belknap Street.
Anticipated work schedule for the week of September 9, 2013:
- Concrete sidewalk is scheduled to continue between Winter Street and 12th Street. Concrete intersections, parking lanes and left turn lanes are scheduled to be placed throughout the week.
- Light bases are scheduled to be installed between 12th and Belknap Street.
- Brick Masonry is scheduled to be installed in the intersection planters between 4th and 8th Street.
- The railroad is scheduled to replace the southern concrete crossing surface. Topsoil restoration will continue between 4th Street and 8th Street.
Next Weekly Public Meeting: Wednesday, September 18 at 2 p.m. at the Old Post Office Building, 1401 Tower Ave.