Think Easter Fun! Make this Whimsical Taste of Home Peeps Sunflower Cake
I don't care for peeps, to eat. But this cute cake recipe from Taste of Home caught my eye and will look great on your Easter buffet table, whether people eat it, or you just use it for a colorful centerpiece! That's what I'm opting for.
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) chocolate frosting
- 19 yellow chick Peeps candies
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions, using two parchment paper-lined and greased 9-in. round baking pans. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks; remove paper. Cool completely.
- If cake layers have rounded tops, trim with a long serrated knife to make level. Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake.
- For petals, arrange Peeps around edge of cake, curving slightly and being careful not to separate chicks. For sunflower seeds, arrange chocolate chips in center of cake. Yield: 12 servings.