Temporary Bridge Closures Scheduled in Duluth Beginning Next Week
We are all used to road construction in the Northland and next week there will be more projects that may have an impact on your travels.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation will temporarily close several bridges on Interstate 35 and Highway 53 in Duluth beginning Monday, Aug. 18. Traffic will be detoured during the closures. The closures are scheduled between 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and the good news is that only one bridge will be closed per day.
Closure Date & Location:
- Monday August 18: Northbound I-35 to southbound Highway 5 (Does not include southbound Highway 53 thru-traffic)
- Tuesday August 19: Northbound I-35 to northbound Highway 53
- Wednesday August 20: Southbound Highway 53 ramp to northbound I-35
- Thursday August 21: Southbound Highway 53 between the exit ramp to northbound I-35
- and the entrance ramp from northbound I-35
- Friday August 21: Northbound I-35 to southbound Highway 53 (Includes southbound Highway 53 thru-traffic)
The closures are needed as crews conduct routine inspections.
MnDOT urges motorists to always be attentive, drive with caution, slowdown in work zones and never enter a road blocked with barriers or cones.
For real-time travel information anywhere in Minnesota, click here.