Taste Of Home’s Partridge With Wild Rice: Wild Game Cooking
My friend Dean said he and his buddies from the Twin Cities were going to do "a little bird hunting this week-end". You know, male bonding. I asked what they do with them, he laughed and said "eat em'"!
I haven't like the taste of wild game in the past, but this recipe from Taste of Home might just change my mind, sounds good! So, I have the recipe, if Dean can get me some birds. Try a new recipe with your fowl, from Taste of Home!
- 1 package (6.7 ounces) mushroom-flavored brown and wild rice mix
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 partridge game birds (14 ounces each), split lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag; add game birds and shake to coat. In a large skillet, cook birds in oil until browned; remove. Add milk and pepper to skillet; cook and stir until heated through.
- Place the rice in a greased 9-in. square baking dish. top with game birds and milk mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 180° and meat is tender. Yield: 2 servings. (Double or triple if you have a bunch of hungry huntin' buddies and you had a good day!)
Remember, our Taste of Home Cooking School tickets are on sale NOW! Get details and order your tickets [here]!
Information via: www.tasteofhome.com