Taste Of Home’s Honey-Thyme Butternut Squash For Thanksgiving
Start gathering recipes to delight your Thanksgiving Dinner guests now. Taste of Home is always a great resource for easy, delicious recipes whether you're the hostess or need to bring a dish that makes them THINK you spent all day making it! This recipe can accompany any main dish, it's not "just" for Thanksgiving. Test it out on the family, they'll love it!
- 1 large butternut squash (about 5 pounds), peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Place squash in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- Drain. Mash squash with the remaining ingredients. Yield: 10 servings.