Taste of Home’s Hamburger Noodle Bake
With the cooler weather, your family will be looking for something hot and tasty on the dinner table! Something deemed "comfort food". Taste of Home is on top of it with their Hamburger Noodle Bake. (note: this serves 2, double your batch if you would like to make more, or want leftovers for lunch). Delicious!
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup cream-style cottage cheese
- 2 ounces PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese (softened or cubed), softened
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat; stir in the tomato sauce, sugar, salt, garlic salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the cottage cheese, cream cheese, green onion, green pepper and sour cream.
- Drain noodles; place half of noodles in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Spoon half of beef mixture over the top. Layer with cottage cheese mixture and remaining noodles. Top with remaining beef mixture; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Remember, our Taste of Home Cooking School tickets are on sale NOW! Get details and order your tickets [here]!