Well isn't great to find out something else to worry about. This is horrible, but it appears very rare and we are not in an area where this can most likely happen.
Two children and a young man have died this summer from a brain-eating amoeba that lives in water, health officials say.
This month, the rare infection killed a 16-year-old Florida girl, who fell ill after swimming, and a 9-year-old Virginia boy, who died a week after he went to a fishing day camp. The boy had been dunked the first day of camp, his mother told the Richmond Times-Dispatch.
Those cases are consistent with past cases, which are usually kids — often boys — who get exposed to the bug while swimming or doing water sports in warm ponds or lakes.
The third case, in Louisiana, was more unusual. It was a young man whose