Contact Us
Fire

Fire

Sawyer CountyRecord on YouTube
Sawyer CountyRecord on YouTube
[

Original Famous Dave’s Restaurant in Hayward Burns Down

Shocking news this morning that the original Famous Dave's restaurant on Round Lake near Hayward Wisconsin has burned to the ground.  The fire was reported around 4:30 am this morning (November 3, 2014).

Read More

(Photo by Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images)
(Photo by Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images)
[

Former Babbitt Fire Chief Charged With Setting Fires Doesn’t Report To Prison, Gets Extension

It's been a pretty bizarre story from the beginning.   A young father who was the volunteer fire chief in Babbitt MN set wildfires between 2010 and 2012.  He claims stress from his newborn son caused him to set the fires.  He was sentenced to 5 years in a federal prison, but didn't report yesterday as he was originally required.

Read More

Hibbing Park Hotel Fire
Photo Credit: Don Monroe
[

Fire Causes $20,000 In Damages At The Hibbing Park Hotel

Last night I got a emergency text that several Iron Range firefighters were battling a fire that was in progress at the Hibbing Park Hotel.  I immediately contacted my friend Don, who is a photographer, to check it out.

Read More

Ken hayes
Ken hayes
[

How To Make Your Campfire Flames Turn Blue, Green, & Other Colors Safely [VIDEO]

This is a little trick my family has been using for years.  If you enjoy a campfire, spice things up a bit and make it change some crazy colors.  It'll be something you'll want to show your friends next time you are camping!

Read More

clothes dryer
Scott Olson/Getty Images
[

Duluth Fire Department Provides Simple Safety Tips After Respondsing to Two House Fires Due to Clothes Dryers

Thank you to our busy Duluth Fire Department.  Yesterday they responded to over 30 different incidents.  Three of which were structure fires.  To note and the reason for my blog is that two of those structure fires calls were two hours apart and both were due to clothes dryers. Thankfully the damage was not extreme, but it does prompt the Duluth Fire Department to ensure we have access to simple tips to keep our home, family and belongings safe.

Read More

dwight fire drill
[

One of the Best Scenes of “The Office” Is Dwight’s Fire Drill

Today Cathy and I smelled something a little smoky and looked around for where it was coming from.   Turns out it was nothing, but it reminded me of this hilarious scene from The Office.   I had Cathy watch it for the first time, and she loved it. 

Read More

Douglas County Highway Department
Douglas County Highway Department
[

Fire Destroys Gordon, WI Fire Hall

The fire hall in Gordon, WI burned to the ground today in a fire that started around noon.

Read More

Category: Duluth / Superior News Tags:
WI DNR
WI DNR
[

Wisconsin DNR Determines the Cause of the Germann Road Fire Near Barnes, WI

Law enforcement and DNR authorities have confirmed the cause of a blaze that burned around 9,000 acres of land near Barnes, Wisconsin through the middle of this week.

Read More

image
[

Wildfire Near Barnes, WI Fully Contained By Crews But Fire Danger Continues Through Region UPDATE [PHOTOS + FIRE MAP]

The largest wildfire in Wisconsin in 33 years has been 100% contained, according to fire officials battling the Germann Road Fire near Barnes, Wisconsin. While the fire is fully contained, crews still face several days of work, putting out small hotspots including piles of smoldering debris and stumps that could otherwise rekindle.

Read More

NNCNow.com
NNCNow.com
[

9,000 Acre Wisconsin Wildfire Is Contained [VIDEO]

After nearly 50 structures were burned in the Wisconsin wildfire, authorities late Wednesday night announced that the fire is 100% contained.

Read More

Ken Hayes @ Walmart
Ken Hayes @ Walmart
[

Walmart Now Selling Firewood For $3 A Bundle

I don't know why this is so shocking to me, but it is.  I was walking through Walmart in Superior the other day when I came near the sporting goods section and saw an end cap of an aisle with boxes of firewood.  On it, they said 'Premium Natural Firewood.'  $3.00 for .75 cubic feet.  Are people buying this?

Read More

Category: Breakfast Club, Nature Tags: , ,
garage fire
[

Fire Destroys Garage In North Superior

A fire broke out today in a garage in North Superior.

Read More

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your points and personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account with your Facebook account, just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing profile and VIP program points. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://kkcb.com using your Facebook account.

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

Register on B105 TODAYS BEST COUNTRY quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!

Not a Member? Sign Up Here

Register on B105 TODAYS BEST COUNTRY quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!