Superior Street Reconstruction So Far: By The Numbers
Construction on Superior Street is in full swing, even hitting a milestone Monday morning.
The City of Duluth celebrated the opening of 5th Avenue West. Mayor Larson and Kristi Stokes of the Greater Downtown Council were there to mark the big event.
Those behind the Superior Street Reconstruction marked the occasion with some fun facts behind the overhaul so far:
- 440 feet of pipes have been used to date.
- 1,700 feet of old Steamline has been removed.
- 1,300 feet of trolley tracks have been removed as well.
- 475 feet of electrical duct is installed.
- 11,000 square feet of new concrete has been poured.
- 18 new catch basin will grace the area.
Access to businesses and residences will remain open as usual. Sidewalk removal and utility upgrades will continue as usual too.
The construction will be done in three phases, with construction in phase one as of right now.
You can get frequent updates on the project's website.
If you want to see the construction up close, you can stop by Sidewalk Days later this week or grab a cup of coffee with your fellow Duluthians at Duluth's largest coffee break!