Superior Annual Citywide Spring Clean Up Begins May 1
As you get ready to begin the annual task of spring cleaning, keep in mind that the City Of Superior will have their annual citywide cleanup beginning May 1.
This is a chance for residents to place items out to be picked up that wouldn’t fit into the normal garbage receptacle. This is designed to get rid of items such as old chairs, tables, toys, lawn furniture, desks, etc.
According to the city, there are specific items that will NOT be accepted:
- Mattresses and box springs will not be picked up. Bring to the landfill for a charge of $10.00 each if clean & dry – $13.00 each if wet or soiled.
- No building, construction or demolition material. This includes items such as lumber, shingles, windows, doors, sheet rock, tile, concrete, etc. Bring to DLS, 392-1889 or AA Roll-Off, 394-4285.
- No corrugated cardboard or recyclables. These should be placed with other recyclables.
- No Hazardous liquids. For proper disposal contact WLSSD at 722-0761.
- No asbestos containing materials.
- No tires. Tires may be brought to the Superior Landfill $3.00 each or $4.00 with rim on.
- No TV’s, appliances or computers. Bring these to AA Roll-Off 1021 Garfield 394-4285; or Afterlife Electronics 915 John 218-940-9274.
- No fluorescent bulbs. Please bring to Campbell Lumber, 3107 Tower Avenue or City of Superior Environmental Services Division, 51 E 1st Street.
- No motor oil or car batteries. Batteries are accepted by TLK or Interstate Battery. Motor Oil accepted at AutoZone 3615 Tower Ave, O’Reilly Auto Parts 2607 Tower Ave or 120 Belknap St., Tires Plus 2419 Tower Ave and Walmart Tire & Lube Express 3705 Tower Ave.
Click the link below for the complete cleanup schedule.