Stretch a Half Pound of Beef with Taste of Home’s Fun Pizza Potato Toppers Recipe
Who isn’t counting pennies now days? It’s always a win win for you and your family when you can serve something tasty they like, it’s easy to make and costs next to nothing. Hey, we just described Taste of Home‘s Pizza Potato Toppers Recipe. The cool thing? They L O O K like they were a lot of work, but they super duper easy!
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Fresh oregano, basil or parsley, optional
- Bake potatoes in a microwave or conventional oven.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and green pepper with onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato and pizza sauce; heat through.
- Split baked potatoes lengthwise; flake potato center with a fork. Spoon meat mixture into each; top with mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with oregano, basil or parsley if desired. Yield: 4 servings.