Stay Toasty Sipping Taste of Home’s Hot Ginger Coffee
Once the cold snap is over and we can return to skiing, skating, Polar Bear Plunging and other outdoor activities. After being out in the cold air warm yourself from the inside with piping hot, easy to make, flavored coffee from Taste of Home.
I cook with ginger a lot because of my Filipino heritage, but never thought to put it in my coffee. You'll find crystallized or candied ginger in the spice or baking section of the grocery store. ENJOY!
- 6 tablespoons ground coffee (not instant)
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 cups cold water
- Whipped cream, cinnamon sticks and/or additional orange peel, optional
- Combine the coffee, orange peel, ginger and cinnamon; pour into a coffee filter. Brew according to manufacturer's directions.
- Pour into mugs; garnish with whipped cream, cinnamon sticks and orange peel if desired. Yield: 6 servings.