Spend Time with the Kids in the Kitchen this Weekend Making a Sweet and Salty Treat
Before my daughter grew up and found 10,000 other things to do than spend time in the kitchen with me, I was always looking for kid-friendly recipes to make together. We'd crank B105, talk and laugh, something that parents and kids should do more often. Hardest part was coming up with something to make, let me take care of that for you THIS weekend. Make Taste of Home's Colorful Peanut Butter Crackers recipe. HAVE FUN! By the way, this works great for aunts, uncles and grandparents too! Plus, it's yummy!!!
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 48 butter-flavored crackers
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 teaspoons shortening
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- Cake decorator holiday shapes
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat cream cheese on high for 15 seconds or until very soft. Add peanut butter and honey; stir until smooth. Spread over half of the crackers; top with remaining crackers.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Heat milk; stir into chocolate mixture.
- Dip each cracker sandwich in chocolate mixture, allowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets; decorate as desired. Refrigerate for 45 minutes or until set. Yield: 2 dozen.