Snow Day! This Super Sloppy Joe Recipe from Taste of Home will Feed Your Hungry Snowman Builders
It's a snow day, make the house smell awesome and feed the hungry snowman builders with this Taste of Home recipe favorite, Super Sloppy Joes. Oh sure, you could just open a can and brown some hamburger, but you won't get to savor the flavor of the fresh spices that are simmered together and the house will smell fantastic!
- 2 pounds ground beef
- Kick-up the flavor With Johnsonville Italian Sausage.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 celery ribs with leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1-2/3 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 8 to 10 hamburger buns, split
•In a Dutch oven over medium heat, cook the beef, onion, celery and green pepper until meat is no longer pink and the vegetables are tender; drain.
•Stir in the next nine ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Spoon 1/2 cup meat mixture onto each bun. Yield: 8-10 servings.