Slow-Cooked Salsa and Other Recipes to Spice Up Your Cinco De Mayo Sunday
Short on time and still looking for a way to celebrate Cinco De Mayo with your family? Sure, you could whip up some tasty tacos, but this easy, yummy salsa from Taste of Home will add a little spice to your usual Mexican meal. Try these other holiday recipes to make your day special!
- 10 plum tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- Core tomatoes. Cut a small slit in two tomatoes; insert a garlic clove into each slit. Place tomatoes and onion in a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- Cut stems off jalapenos; (remember to wear gloves when touching jalapenos) remove seeds if a milder salsa is desired. Place jalapenos in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until vegetables are softened (some may brown slightly); cool.
- In a blender, combine the tomato mixture, cilantro and salt if desired; cover and process until blended. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: about 2 cups.