Sloppy Joe BLT’s From Taste Of Home
It’s ok to make a mess with THIS Taste of Home sandwich! It’s quick, it’s tasty and it by the name, it leads you to believe there’s hamburger or turkey meat in it, but there’s not. Make this Sloppy Joe BLT!
- 4 cups hearts of romaine salad mix
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup real bacon bits
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 slices Italian bread (3/4 inch thick), toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the salad mix, tomato, cheeses and bacon. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper; spoon over salad mixture and toss to coat. Spoon about 3/4 cup over six bread slices; top with remaining bread. Yield: 6 servings.