Safety is in Your Hand with the New Red Cross Tornado Warning and Alert App
The Northland Chapter of the American Red Cross is always there to help after a disaster. They are also there to help prevent a disaster with the new Tornado App that is available for your iPhone and Android communications. It even has interactive quizzes and simple step-by-step advice. Details and download it here.
This app has everything you need to know on how to prepare for a tornado – in the palm of your hand.
The features are endless:
- Simple step-by-step instructions to help you know what-to-do even if the cell towers and TVs are down.
- Audible siren that automatically goes off even if app is closed when NOAA issues a TORNADO WARNING. With this feature, you won’t sleep through a warning.
- Push notification sent when a WARNING expires, which is helpful if power goes out while you or your family are in your safe room.
- You can alert distant friends and family in tornado alley with ability to receive tornado watch and warning alerts based on their location from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
- Red Cross location-based open shelters map, should you need it.
- Instructions on how to assemble an emergency kit for your family in the event of power outage or evacuation. (useful in other emergency situations too)
- Reduce your household’s stress and anxiety should a tornado hit by learning to make and practice an emergency plan.
- Preloaded content means you have instant access to all safety information at anytime, even without reception or an Internet connection.
- Interactive quizzes allow you to earn badges that you can share with your friends and show off your tornado knowledge.
- Know how many tornadoes have occurred in your area and the difference between a tornado warning and a tornado alert.
- Learn how to deal with food and water impacted by floods and power outages.
- Simply let friends/family know you’re safe with customizable “I’m Safe” notification sharable thru social media, text and email. (You know they’ll appreciate THIS feature)
Getting this app is a no-brainer and it’s easy. From your mobile phone, call “**REDCROSS” (**73327677) and they will send you a link to download the app to your phone or you can download them directly from the iTunes or Google Play app stores.
One less stress, if you play it safe with your Tornado App in hand