Perfect Cinco de Mayo Dip Recipe From Taste of Home Accented With BACON
It's everything my family loves rolled into one easy recipe from Taste of Home. Often times two of us are home waiting for the third and we are SO hungry we don't know if we can make it till dinner. This is a great dip to have on hand! It's easy to make, the colors are pleasing to the eye and the bacon adds a nice flavor! Plus, it will serve 2 or your Cindo de Mayo guests, it's a party in your mouth!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 jar (16 ounces) taco sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Tortilla or nacho tortilla chips
Beat the cream cheese and sour cream together and spread in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Or, you can use a plate or platter if you're serving it at a party. Sprinkle the prepared onions, tomatoes and green pepper over the cream cheese layer.
Then, pour taco sauce over the vegetables and sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Refrigerate. Just before serving, sprinkle with BACON. Serve with tortilla or taco chips. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Love bacon? You'll be bummed if you don't join us at Baconpalooza! More great recipes like this one and LOTS of samples, plus a few surprises that will make you say "NO WAY!"