MnDOT Reminds Motorists To Drive Responsibly This Winter
We have already had to put our Winter driving skills to the test with the latest couple of snow falls. It doesn’t take much, does it?
MnDot reminds you to drive responsibly with these helpful tips:
Motorists should remember to:
- Check road conditions at www.511mn.org or call 511; it takes time to get roads back to good driving conditions.
- Be patient and remember snowplows are working to improve road conditions for your trip.
- Stay back at least five car lengths behind the plow, far from the snow cloud. Snowplow operators will pull over when it is safe to do so to allow traffic build-up to pass.
- Stay alert for snowplows that turn or exit frequently and often with little warning. They may also travel over center lines or partially in traffic to further improve road conditions.
- Slow down to a safe speed for current conditions. Snowplows typically move at slower speeds.
- For additional tips on safe winter driving, go to www.mndot.gov/workzone.
Information via: MnDot Press Release, Beth Petrowske