Make a Super Easy, Super Cute DIY Gift Idea In Five Minutes: Candy Sleigh
My co-host Ken Hayes has a new baby girl in their household, Jane. From experience, I know that most visitors to his home want to meet the new baby and hold her. He also has a five year old and I was afraid he might be feeling left out. Last night we went for a visit and I brought the materials needed for this easy DIY craft idea so just Zach and I could have some one-on-one time and he could make gifts for his teachers.
First I watched a video on how to do it, then I got the materials and went to town. It was so easy!! This is what you’ll need:
- a glue gun and glue sticks
- candy canes
- a full size Kit Kat candy bar
- a bag of Hershey miniature candy bars
- a bow
1. Glue the candy canes to the bottom of the Kit Kat bar
2. Glue 4 Hershey miniatures to the top of the Kit Kat bar (use a color other than red, since the Kit Kat is already that color)
3. Glue 3 Hershey miniatures to the top of those four (any color works now)
4. Glue 2 Hershey miniatures to the top of those three (any color works now)
Place them so that they form a pyramid
5. Then measure the ribbon from the front to back of the sleigh, between the candy canes and use a dot of glue to hold it in place
6. Measure the ribbon from side to side and use a dot of glue in about the same location as the first ribbon you glued
7. Finally, adhere the bow to the top of your sleigh with a little more glue.
If that’s confusing, here’s the youtube video I watched. Of course, it’s your creation so anything goes! Have fun!!!