It’s Crock Pot Cooking Weather! Try Taste of Home’s Slow Cooked Pork Tacos
With the colder weather upon us comes different cooking techniques. Pull out the crock pot and come home to the smell of Taste of Home’s Slow Cooked Pork Tacos. I’ve been sharing Taste of Home Recipes with you the past year anticipating the next Taste of Home Cooking School coming back to the Northland. It’s a new night and location so be sure to get it on your calendar and get your tickets now.
It’s a new twist on tacos with the “other” white meat! I love crock pot cooking!!! The house smells awesome when you come home from a hard day at work and it’s easy to whip it on the table fast, especially when you have limited time because the family has to be at hockey or soccer practice. Or, you just want a night off from spending time in the kitchen preparing the meal.
- 1 boneless pork sirloin roast (2 pounds), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1-1/2 cups salsa verde
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
Optional, but will add to the flavor of your taco: reduced-fat sour cream, thinly sliced green onions, cubed California Avocado, shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese and chopped tomato.
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 11 ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or until meat is tender.
- Shred pork with two forks. Place about 1/2 cup pork mixture down the center of each tortilla. Serve with toppings if desired. Yield: 10 servings.