Election Day is on November 6, there are many reasons why someone might not be registered to vote, college student new to town, someone who moved from one location of the city to another.  If you are not registered to vote, you will not be allowed to vote on election day.  Here's all the information you need to make sure you can exercise your right to vote!

What works as an ID card?

Valid Minnesota driver's license, learner's permit, Minnesota ID card or authorized Tribal ID (or receipt) SHOWING THEIR DULUTH ADDRESS IN THE PRECINCT.

A bill for electric, natural gas, water, solid waste, telephone or cable television service with a due date within 30 days of election day that contains the voters name AND current Duluth address AND one of the following that contains the voters name and photograph:

  • - Minnesota drivers license or Minnesota ID card
  • - US passport
  • - US military ID card
  • - ID card of a post-secondary educational institution in Minnesota
  • - Tribal ID

The OATH OF A REGISTERED VOTER IN THE SAME PRECINCT who can vouch for the persons residence, by signing an oath before the election judge stating that he or she personally knows that the individual is a resident of the same precinct. (NOTE: The person signing the oath can be  a previously registered voter or a person who just registered by either #1 or #2 above.) A voter who has been vouched for on election day may not sign a proof of residence oath for any other individual on election day.

What if you're a College student?

College students may use a current student fee statement that contains the student's valid Duluth address in the precinct together with a picture identification card, or 5. If a student lives in campus housing and is correctly listed on the housing list issued to the election judges for that precinct, that student would need to present a current student picture identification card.