Great Gift Ideas For Mother’s Day
What to get mom for Mother's Day? That's what question usually pops into my head this time of year. My Mom's birthday is near mother's day as well, so I have to get one great gift or a couple of nice gifts. In college, or in a tough economy, that's kinda hard to do. Plus the gift shouldn't be how much you can spend, but how thoughtful you can be. Here's 5 gifts I've gotten Mom for Mother's day through the years.
5. Framed Pictures Of Us. That works every time. Mom's love pictures of their kids and/or pictures of the both of you together. It's a really special thing.
4. Digital Photo Frame. They are getting easier to use, and I'm confident my mom will be able to use the one I got for her this year. Plus to make it better, I preloaded it full of pictures of all of us, including her Grandson.
3. Hobby, Craft Things. I'm pretty sure along the way I got my mom some gift certificates to craft stores. I remember being very little walking in to a fabric store and buying a bunch of fabric for her. I knew she would love to use it.
2. Flowers. It's an old tradition, but it's been around for a reason. Mom's love flowers. Especially if you go and pick out the flowers for her. Plants can be a big hit too.
1. And My Mom's Most Memorable Gift: Pizza And A Video Rental. Yeah that may sound funny, but it is my Mom's favorite. One year I saved up my money from mowing lawns, and I ordered pizza to go. We walked downtown in Biwabik to Vi's Pizza and picked it up. On the way back we stopped and rented a movie from the video store. I paid with all my own money. We got home, ate the pizza, and watched the movie. She still talks about how great that was. Love you Mom!