Grandma’s Marathon Wednesday Night at the Races In Lincoln Park This Week [2015 Schedule]
Everybody's doing it! Wednesday Night At The Races is back for the summer and in Lincoln Park this week, Wednesday July 29! The Young Athletes Foundation and Grandma's Marathon invite children 14 and under to lace up their shoes and take part again this year.This is a FREE race series so why not? The second of the season will be held at the Lincoln Park Middle School Field located at 3215 West 3rd Street. Wednesday Night at the Races will then continue every Wednesday evening through August 26 (locations vary weekly, see schedule below). Registration is between 5:00 p.m. and 5:50 p.m. each race night, and the races begin at 6 p.m. On average, 400 children take part in the races every week and there's weekly prize drawings too!
Race dates and locations for 2015 are as follows:
- July 29 - Lincoln Park Middle School, 3215 West 3rd Street
- August 5 - UMD Griggs Field, University of MN Duluth Campus
- August 12 - Central Park in Superior, 717 6th Avenue East
- August 19 - Hermantown High School Track, 4335 Hawk Circle Drive
- August 26 - Park Point, near the Beach House (followed by year-end picnic provided by Green Mill)
- Courage Duluth wheelchair division – 1/8 mile
- 4 & under – 1/8 mile
- 5 & 6 years old – 1/8 mile
- 7 & 8 years old – 1/4 mile
- 9 & 10 years old – 1/4 mile
- 11 & 12 years old – 1/2 mile
- 13 & 14 years old – 1/2 mile
Everyone’s a champion at this event! Each week every child will receive a ribbon upon completing their race.