Football Fans will LOVE this Beer Cheese Dip in a Bread Bowl for the BIG Vikings VS Packers Game on Saturday
The big game is coming up this Saturday, January 5 at 7p. Will you be ready for a house full of hungry football fanatics? Relax!! It will be easy with the help of Taste of Home. Let's start with this yummy Beer Cheese in a Bread Bowl Dip (sounds kinda Packerish, doesn't it), and I'll keep the recipes coming! Feel free to share these recipes and ENJOY!
- 1 round loaf (1 pound) pumpernickel bread
- 2 jars (5 ounces each) sharp American cheese spread
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1/2 cup real bacon bits
- Cut top fourth off loaf of bread; carefully hollow out bottom, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Cube removed bread; set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine cheese spread and cream cheese. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir in beer. Microwave, uncovered, 20 seconds longer. Stir in bacon.
- Fill bread shell with cheese dip. Serve with reserved bread cubes. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.