Evoke Smiles at the Easter Table with Taste of Home’s Orange Glazed Bunny Rolls
If you’re like me, you’re always looking for something new, something different, something unique to put on your holiday table. These whimsical Orange Glazed Bunny Rolls from Taste of Home are just the thing to do the trick this Easter! Might have to make a double batch!!!
- packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 to 5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 1/2 teaspoon butter, softened
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, shortening, eggs, sugar, orange juice, orange peel, salt and 3 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; turn on a lightly floured surface. Divide into 13 pieces. Shape 12 pieces into 12-in. ropes. Fold each in half; twist top half of the open end twice to form ears. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Shape remaining dough into 12 balls. Place one on the loop end of each roll to form a tail; press into dough. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks. In a small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients. Spread over rolls. Yield: 1 dozen.