Dust Off Your Grill and Plan On a Healthy Dinner Tonight, Taste of Home’s Garden Turkey Burgers
It's suppose to be 70 today, perfect grilling weather! Summer usually means eating a little healthier too. This Taste of Home Garden Turkey Burger is just the thing you need to whip up for the family tonight. We've waited a long time for this weather, breath in the fresh air and ENJOY!
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup finely chopped sweet red or green pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns, split and toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into six 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Serve on buns. Yield: 6 servings.