The City of Duluth always welcomes and encourages citizens to sit on the different Boards and Commissions available.  At this time there are several openings that need to be filled.  If you are an individual that has ideas, now is the time to get your application in and be a voice.

The City of Duluth has approximately 30 boards and commissions, providing valuable input and leadership on topics that include disabilities, alcohol licensing, planning and zoning, and many others.

To be considered to serve on any of the boards or commissions, an application needs to be filled out. Applications are kept on file for two years. For most of the boards and commissions, Duluth residency is required.

Applications for the current openings need to be received by Friday, June 28, 2013
and sent to the City Clerk’s office, Room 330, 411 W. 1st St, Duluth, MN 55802.

Current openings for the following boards and commissions:

  • Duluth Transit Authority: one at large seat and one 4th district seat
  • Housing and Redevelopment Authority: one vacancy
  • Duluth Public Arts Commission: two vacancies
  • Western Lake Superior Sanitary District: one vacancy

You can also call the City Clerk’s office at 730-5500 for more information.