Celebrate Cinco De Mayo with Easy Beef Fajitas from Taste of Home
When I was younger before I had a family and responsibilities, I would go out and celebrate Cinco De Mayo till the wee hours of the morning. (It was easier to fit a siesta in back then). Now, I have to find other ways to enjoy the day. The whole family loves fajitas and with this recipe from Taste of Home it’s an easy and quick meal. OLE’
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak or flank steak, trimmed and cut against the grain into 1/4-inch strips
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 8 flour tortilla shells, warmed
- 2 avocados, peeled and sliced
- Sour cream
- In a large resealable bag, combine marinade ingredients; add beef. Seal and refrigerate for 3-6 hours or overnight, turning several times.
- Discard marinade. In a skillet, saute onion and pepper in 1 tablespoon oil until crisp tender; remove from pan. Add remaining oil and saute meat until no longer pink, about 4 minutes. Add vegetables to pan and heat through.
- To serve, place a spoonful of meat/vegetable mixture on a warmed tortilla and top with avocado, salsa and sour cream. Roll tortilla around filling. Yield: 4-6 servings.