Breakfast Club Live Blog March 7, 2014
Morning! Ken has the day off. It's the week of Dr. Suess' birthday (born March 2) . I'm excited to celebrate his birthday with the kids of Willow River. I'll be reading two of Dr. Seuss' classic to a couple of classes, looking forward to it!
B10-5 THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE YOU START YOUR DAY
5. It's Daylight Saving Time on Sunday, so before you go to bed on Saturday night turn your clock FORWARD an hour!
4. President Obama misspelled the title of the Aretha Franklin hit while hosting the Women of Soul concert series at the White House. Her song is: R-E-S-P-E-C-T, not R-S-P-E-C-T. He should have sang it!
3. Soon you can "go" in a $15,000 open-air urinal, if you're in a park in San Francisco. The pPod is a 7-foot screen with some plants on it and an area drain that empties into the sewer system.
2. An iPhone case that doubles as a health monitoring device. It'll set you back $199 but can measure important vitals like your blood pressure, heart rate, blood oxygen, temperature and lung functions.
1. YAY! A new app from Oscar Mayer that allows you to smell BACON. YES, the app releases a small puff of bacon smell. However, you have to jump through a lot of hoops to do it. You'd need a external device that plugs into the headphone jack. The app also produces the sound of bacon sizzling.
LOCAL BIRTHDAY'S (Lucky dogs that get to celebrate their birthday on a Friday!)
Warren L, Janet C, Amanda K, Pam R, Janelle B, Jeaninne D, Bruce N, Becca L, and Kerri L! CELEBRATE!!!
You share your special day with weatherman, Willard Scott. He turns 80 today!!!! 20 more years and he'll be able to announce his own 100th birthday during the Smucker's 100 Year Old Birthday Segment.
Don't know Willie? Check him out, he's endearing!
In 1897, Dr. John Kellog served the world's first bowl of corn flakes to his patients at a mental facility in Michigan. It didn't go on the grocery store shelf until years later.
In 1933, the game of Monopoly was invented by Charles Darrow. Parker Brothers mass marketed the game two years later. 2013 made history because the makers got rid of the iron token (no one wanted to be that anyway), and replaced it with a cat. (Not my favorite game because it involves math!)
BRAIN TEASER QUESTION:
56% of people in the WORLD have one right now, what is it? ANS: Cavity. Theresa W knew the right answer and picked up a $25 gift certificate!!!
COUPLE LOSES OUT ON $3 MILLION DOLLARS
SO, yesterday I forgot to make my husband his usual lunch (insert crappy wife comment here)...I only felt bad until I read about the husband and wife in Maine that has been playing the same lottery numbers for the past 27 years. The numbers came up!!!!! $3 MILLION DOLLARS!!!! However, the numbers came up on the one day that the hubby forgot to buy a ticket. Probably pretty quiet in that household right now.......(or NOT)!
R U SMARTER THAN...
Sarah W picked up our last pair of Mount Du Lac passes with R U Smarter than Chris today. The question was: What does the phrase Magna Cum Laude mean in English? ANS: "with great honor"
Keith Urban just announced dates for his 2014 Raise 'Em Up tour. Jerrod Niemann and Brett Eldredge will be touring with him...get the dates [here].
Have a fantastic weekend! I hope you can join me, Cathy Kates for the Solid Gold Saturday Show tomorrow morning!!!